Monday, August 11, 2008

A Truly Beautiful Ideal and Sight


I have to tell you I am an avid sports fan. Almost all sports. And I love all things multi-cultural. So you gotta know I absolutely LOVE the Olympics. And this year's opening ceremony! Wow!

But truly the best sight of the Olympics and the opening ceremony in particular is to see the wide swath of colors, cultures and ethnicities that the people of the world represent. And to see them getting along, at least for these couple of weeks, how wonderful. It shows getting along is possible.

And I have to add, while I tend to root for a lot of countries, particularly Japan, in addition to obviously pulling for the USA, I do have to admit that at times like this it is particularly nice to look at our delegation and see that in just our delegation alone, so many cultures and ethnicities are represented. It says a lot about what our country is about at its heart.

No comments: