Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Very Good Week So Far


This has been a great week for me as a writer. First I must say I am proud to announce that I was selected by Shirl Whitfield to receive the "Shades of Black and White Award," which was created in honor of her outstanding blog of the same name. It is given, I am told "to deserving bloggers who are comitted to bridge the gap of racism due to their passionate writing, their excellent communication skills, their courage to "put it out there" and because they truly care about the only race that matters, the human race."

I am deeply honored. One request for those who receive the award is to pass it on, so I will be doing that in the next week. I definitely know there are many deserving writers out there.

I also wanted to pass on that I made my debut today as a new featured writer for TheLoop21.com, an online community, a place for conversation, about the progress of people of color. I will be writing twice weekly, Tuesdays and Thursdays, a blog called Hollywood and Vine:The Intersection of Entertainment and Black Culture. My first piece is called "Tyler Perry As The Chosen One." Check it out.

Thanks for reading this and caring about the issues of what most call "race."

1 comment:

Zen said...

Yeah Dude, You rock!! Roll on!! Congrats!!!!